Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want yo buy macbook but as an architect there no right way i can install

I want to buy macbook but as an architect there no right way i can install autocad sketchup vray and there architectural software

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 1:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 7:19 AM

According to AutoCad’s support documents it does support the Mac, including the current version of macOS Monterey 12

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2022-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

But the bottom line is that these developers must decide to fully support the macOS platform and some have not. The Mac is becoming more and more popular. As an architect you might want to contact AutoDesk and lobby them for full support.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 7:19 AM in response to devanshee272

According to AutoCad’s support documents it does support the Mac, including the current version of macOS Monterey 12

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-requirements-for-AutoCAD-2022-including-Specialized-Toolsets.html

But the bottom line is that these developers must decide to fully support the macOS platform and some have not. The Mac is becoming more and more popular. As an architect you might want to contact AutoDesk and lobby them for full support.

Jul 30, 2022 9:41 AM in response to Allan Jones

A professional should not be using theoretical solutions or untested/unreleased software. The OP says he wants to buy a MacBook and that means it would be an M1 MacBook, which means Windows cannot be installed under any circumstances at the present time for mission critical work, period.

Of course, the OP could buy an older, preowned or refurbished Intel MacBook and install Windows on that machine.

I want yo buy macbook but as an architect there no right way i can install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.