Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clamshell mode was working, but now it doesn’t work on Studio Display.

So when I first got my display, it was working fine even when my laptop was closed. Now it only works when it’s open. I already googled it and tried everything I could find including restarting my mac and studio display while connected or disconnected. I’m guessing it has to do with either the Studio Display update or Monterrey 12.5 update because it started happening after I installed both at the same time.

Studio Display

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 2:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 3:27 AM

Ok I found out what the problem was. I was messing around with SwitchResolutionX before my Studio Display stopped working with the display closed. I remember I clicked on an unsupported resolution setting that turned off the display, and I opened my mac to bring it back. I undid that setting but it turns out that any setting set while in clamshell mode has to be undone in clamshell mode too. So to fix it, I had to use teamviewer and control my mac remotely since the display is literally off while on an unsupported resolution.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 3:27 AM in response to exaltedcvector

Ok I found out what the problem was. I was messing around with SwitchResolutionX before my Studio Display stopped working with the display closed. I remember I clicked on an unsupported resolution setting that turned off the display, and I opened my mac to bring it back. I undid that setting but it turns out that any setting set while in clamshell mode has to be undone in clamshell mode too. So to fix it, I had to use teamviewer and control my mac remotely since the display is literally off while on an unsupported resolution.

Clamshell mode was working, but now it doesn’t work on Studio Display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.