Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone battery is decreasing very rapidly when using mobile data

I am away from home and i am using Mobile Data because i don't have Wifi. My battery is decreasing very rapidly and even tho i have switched off location, background refresh apps, brightness and many more. Still it makes me charge my phone 2 times a day.

I want solution and reasons for this.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 8:57 AM

salarimran-7 wrote:

I am away from home and i am using Mobile Data because i don't have Wifi. My battery is decreasing very rapidly and even tho i have switched off location, background refresh apps, brightness and many more. Still it makes me charge my phone 2 times a day.

Cellular can be demanding— the weaker the signal the harder the phone works ie more battery.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

7 tips and tricks to extend iPhone battery life - 9to5Mac

How to save battery on iPhone? - best solutions [2022]

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 8:57 AM in response to salarimran-7

salarimran-7 wrote:

Cellular can be demanding— the weaker the signal the harder the phone works ie more battery.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

7 tips and tricks to extend iPhone battery life - 9to5Mac

How to save battery on iPhone? - best solutions [2022]

Jul 30, 2022 9:12 AM in response to salarimran-7

salarimran-7 wrote:

Im already on 4G and over here signals are very weak. Is there no solution other than that?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Read the links provided above for helping extend the battery life—it all still applies to cellular, screen brightness etc...

You can supplement— How to use your MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Jul 30, 2022 9:15 AM in response to salarimran-7

Physics rules; there’s no way around the 2nd law of thermodynamics. When your phone connects to a weak network it needs a lot of power to maintain a connection - up to 500 mw, and its efficiency is under 50%, so it is using 1000 mw to maintain the connection. The phone will get warm, and, if it were using energy continuously, the battery would last about 3 hours.

Fortunately, the phone only uses energy when it is sending data (or on a phone call), so it will generally last longer than that.

The best workaround is to get a charging case for the phone that supplements the internal battery with an external power source. Several manufacturers make good ones: Anker, Griffen, and, of course, Apple→MagSafe Battery Pack - Apple

My iPhone battery is decreasing very rapidly when using mobile data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.