Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail with apple mail

I have a gmail account that I access on my ipad using apple mail. This seems to store the same messages in both locations. If I delete the gmail app on my ipad will I still be able to receive my email through apple mail?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 11:04 PM

Beachlovinggrandma Said:

"Gmail with apple mail: I have a gmail account that I access on my ipad using apple mail. This seems to store the same messages in both locations. If I delete the gmail app on my ipad will I still be able to receive my email through apple mail?"

-------

Syncing eMails Between Apps:

If you have hits gmail account on your Mac twice, then it will be received on both devices when you receive it, and will be deletes on both deices when you delete it. Both apps are synced to gather.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 11:04 PM in response to Beachlovinggrandma

Beachlovinggrandma Said:

"Gmail with apple mail: I have a gmail account that I access on my ipad using apple mail. This seems to store the same messages in both locations. If I delete the gmail app on my ipad will I still be able to receive my email through apple mail?"

-------

Syncing eMails Between Apps:

If you have hits gmail account on your Mac twice, then it will be received on both devices when you receive it, and will be deletes on both deices when you delete it. Both apps are synced to gather.

Gmail with apple mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.