Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple formatted cells not carrying over correctly

hey guys,

So I have a spreadsheet with multiple sheets/tabs that has lots of formulation. All of the individual formulas work well and are fairly extensive. however I have one formula that is so simple but just does not seem to work and I can't figure out why....

I will do my best to explain...

F84 displays an average bid rate of all my customers ($43.02/hr). I pay my employees a percentage of every job on a sliding scale, so below in F85, 86, & 87, you see the corresponding percentages of the current bid rate.

Now these numbers change every so often as we loose cheaper legacy customers so the current bid rate average increases. I have a simple formula to calculate the percentages respectively and it works just fine as you can see.

Now, on another page I calculate my employees pay. if I format the earnings cell with another simple formula something as simple as total hours from lets say, G45 x rate from the corresponding cell on the source sheet (lets fay F85) it refuses to calculate the correct amount and is always off by $.09 or some other arbitrary amount. However, if I remove the formula from the percentage cells (F85-87) and manually type the exact same amount in, it calculates perfect... (hours x rate) = perfect. lol

since this amount changes almost daily and my crew is always getting slight increases in percentage of the job pay, I want the numbers to change congruently. Instead, every few days I have to go back and do simple math and update the cells manually otherwise the numbers will not reflect correct.

is there something hidden in the cells or some weird thing that I don't get what trying to use one formatted cell to create another formatted cell??

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 3:32 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 30, 2022 3:51 PM in response to James.kerski

I think you are likely formatting the cell F84 to be limited to two decimal places. Cells that use the value in F84 do NOT use the value show (by formatting), instead they use the more accurate value before the formatting. If you want cell F84 to be used as show, then replace the formula in cell F8 as follows...

assuming F84 has the formula <FORMULA>

replace F84 with:

=round(<FORMULA>,2)

Multiple formatted cells not carrying over correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.