Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to unlock an iPad?

how to unlock an iPad? My mom died and did not share her PW. I have the UN. What can I do?

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 5:27 PM

I'm very sorry about your loss. The above article won't likely help you unless you know your mom's Apple ID and Apple ID Password, which you likely don't.

Instead for family members, Apple has a specific process you can follow to get their help in unlocking the device. See this link and this is what you're going to need to do --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 5:27 PM in response to Jimjimjim12

I'm very sorry about your loss. The above article won't likely help you unless you know your mom's Apple ID and Apple ID Password, which you likely don't.

Instead for family members, Apple has a specific process you can follow to get their help in unlocking the device. See this link and this is what you're going to need to do --> How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

how to unlock an iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.