Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone was stolen and I got a new phone but can’t log completely out of their info and iCloud. Please help

How do I log out of an iCloud that isn’t mine so I can retrieve all my info from lost/stolen device

iPhone XR, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 9:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 9:49 PM

lorad224 Said:

"My phone was stolen and I got a new phone but can’t log completely out of their info and iCloud. Please help: How do I log out of an iCloud that isn’t mine so I can retrieve all my info from lost/stolen device"

-------

The Seller Needs to Log Out.

There is nothing you can do. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing them the money. This is the site they should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from Someone Else - Apple Support. As for it being locked, it is a theft deterrent. So, you'll never be able to get back in it.  The seller should have known better.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 9:49 PM in response to lorad224

lorad224 Said:

"My phone was stolen and I got a new phone but can’t log completely out of their info and iCloud. Please help: How do I log out of an iCloud that isn’t mine so I can retrieve all my info from lost/stolen device"

-------

The Seller Needs to Log Out.

There is nothing you can do. So, take this as a learning experience, knowing to always ask the seller to let you log into it, prior to handing them the money. This is the site they should have used, prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from Someone Else - Apple Support. As for it being locked, it is a theft deterrent. So, you'll never be able to get back in it.  The seller should have known better.

My phone was stolen and I got a new phone but can’t log completely out of their info and iCloud. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.