Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment updated and still failed

I got a notice saying to update my credit card for using with Apple TV apps. When I put in the information it still says “failed.” What do I do?

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 11:25 AM

Verify that the card is not limited in functionality: subscriptions require a payment method that can be charged periodically and automatically.

Verify that your card is issued in the same country as what your Apple ID account is for.

Verify that the card number is entered correctly with matching name. Verify that the card expiration date is in the future. Verify that the CVC security code has been added.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods (on Apple devices) - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t work after that, then contact Support about why they won’t accept it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 11:25 AM in response to forrestclift

Verify that the card is not limited in functionality: subscriptions require a payment method that can be charged periodically and automatically.

Verify that your card is issued in the same country as what your Apple ID account is for.

Verify that the card number is entered correctly with matching name. Verify that the card expiration date is in the future. Verify that the CVC security code has been added.

Change, add, or remove Apple ID payment methods (on Apple devices) - Apple Support

If it still doesn’t work after that, then contact Support about why they won’t accept it.

Payment updated and still failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.