You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my focus does not work . I tried driving mode with an out reply-- doent wrk

does anyone know how to set up focus to do the following ?

i want to be able to give an auto reply while out of work when i recieve an incoming text message .

i ha ve tried do not disturb mode and driving mode .

looks like tge only focus with auto reply is driving .

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 11:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 4:11 PM

You are correct with Driving Focus being the only option with an auto-reply.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want an out of office reply when you turn it on.

The reason the auto reply isn't working is likely from messages being blocked from it.

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Messages and at the top turn on "Focus". That will make it work.

In the driving focus settings, I believe it will only send those to people who are in your contacts (make sure to select that) but it won't send to a random phone number you don't already have saved. Also, you may want to turn off "Share Focus Status" so that it's not letting people know that you have notifications silenced.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 31, 2022 4:11 PM in response to pfma

You are correct with Driving Focus being the only option with an auto-reply.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you want an out of office reply when you turn it on.

The reason the auto reply isn't working is likely from messages being blocked from it.

On your iPhone, go to Settings -> Messages and at the top turn on "Focus". That will make it work.

In the driving focus settings, I believe it will only send those to people who are in your contacts (make sure to select that) but it won't send to a random phone number you don't already have saved. Also, you may want to turn off "Share Focus Status" so that it's not letting people know that you have notifications silenced.

my focus does not work . I tried driving mode with an out reply-- doent wrk

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.