Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New phone/ app download

I just got a new iPhone and I’m trying to download all of my apps but it won’t let me because it’s connected to a previous Apple ID. I’m logged into my new one but the apps won’t download even if I delete them and try to re-download them.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 3:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 9:13 AM

but it won’t let me because it’s connected to a previous Apple ID.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

👉 You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

The apps that you have purchased & downloaded with your previous Apple ID cannot be downloaded with your 'new' Apple ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 9:13 AM in response to Becca_m_gregg

but it won’t let me because it’s connected to a previous Apple ID.

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

👉 You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

The apps that you have purchased & downloaded with your previous Apple ID cannot be downloaded with your 'new' Apple ID.

New phone/ app download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.