Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t I update while connect via hotspot for internet..?

I can’t update my software while connected via hotspot…

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 5:09 PM

benedict268 wrote:

I can’t update my software while connected via hotspot…

That is a true statement. You must be connected to Wi-Fi, and not a hotspot, to update your phone, unless it is an iPhone 12, 13 or SE 2022 and has a 5G network connection.

2 replies

Jul 31, 2022 4:52 PM in response to benedict268

benedict268 Said:

"Why can’t I update while connect via hotspot for internet..?:I can’t update my software while connected via hotspot…"

-------

Updating Via a Wireless Hotspot:

So, what exactly are you trying to update on your iPhone? If it is the iOS, it may just not be compatible(and as a result, will not install). Read the following...

Updating your iPhone:

Try updating your iPhone first. Do so, through a computer. If you cannot update it, then it is likely out of date. As for getting the options back(if they existed), you'd have to perform a few things, perhaps leading to a reset. So, try the following, reporting if the update works...

Updating an iPhone:

Determining if an Update will Install:

How to do so...

A. Verify Compatibility:

Identify your iPhone model. The first thing that comes to mind in incompatibility being the culprit. So, confirm the model of your iPhone. If iPhone model is incompatible with iOS15 then it is because you iPhone does not meet the hardware requirements for this iOS version(s).

B. If Compatible...

1. Back Up First:

IMPORTANT: If you have an option to update, however, then be certain you backup your iPhone first. That way, you will have something to restore your iPhone from should anything go wrong with the update

then...

2. Proceed with the Update:

Use my User Tip:  Update your iPhone Using a Computer - User Tip

Why can’t I update while connect via hotspot for internet..?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.