Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music keeps stopping on Mac M1 air

Every time I add a song that's playing to the library, the song just stops playing. I'm on Monterey 12.5. How do I fix this?

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 7:20 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Aug 2, 2022 10:39 AM in response to veryspooky

Hey there veryspooky,

To help rule out possible start up software issues, we recommend starting in safe mode then test to see if the issue persists. For guidance, use the steps below:

Start up your Mac with Apple silicon in safe mode
1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > Shut Down.

Wait for your Mac to shut down completely. A Mac is completely shut down when the screen is black and any lights (including in the Touch Bar) are off.

2. Press and hold the power button on your Mac until “Loading startup options” appears.
3. Select a volume.
4. Press and hold the Shift key, then click Continue in Safe Mode.

The computer restarts automatically. When the login window appears, you should see “Safe Boot” in the menu bar.

For additional guidance: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Feel free to reply back with more details if this continues.

Take care!

Aug 5, 2022 2:14 PM in response to veryspooky

I have the same issue on macOS 12.5 and a 2021 14" MacBook Pro. Specifically, any time I add a song from an Apple Music-curated playlist while playing an Apple Music-curated playlist (doesn't have to be the same playlist), Apple Music stops playing the current song and the playback throbber goes blank, showing the Apple logo.

Clicking Play starts playback again, but the playback position on the last track is restarted from the beginning. It's annoying because Apple Music has had a lot of bangers lately in the playlists, so I'm saving tracks almost every other song.

Further searching on this community shows that this has been happening since at least 2017.

Aug 20, 2022 5:07 PM in response to lkhrs

Happens on my 2020 Macbook Pro 13" M1 as well. I've seen this as issues in other forum posts also going back to around 2017 too. I have MacOS 12.5.1, and make sure I update everything regularly. My Apple Music version is 1.2.5.7.

It will stop after finishing a song, and I have to click play again, and then the queue is cleared and a new queue is created.

Apple Music keeps stopping on Mac M1 air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.