Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard cover damage

Is it possible to remove marks in anyway from the display from a keyboard cover? I was not aware of this when using one I definitely see marks on my screen that aren't coming off with a cleaner and microfiber cloth.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 7:36 AM

Get live expert assistance by contacting Customer Support by phone or chat:

4 replies

Aug 1, 2022 7:44 AM in response to szilver07

As per the support article you arrived here from, Apple warns you not to use a keyboard cover. Unfortunately, chances are doing so may have damaged your notebook's display screen. As Smilin-Brian has suggested, you will need to contact Apple Support for further assistance with this matter ... but, be prepared to have to cover the costs of a potential display replacement.

Aug 1, 2022 12:13 PM in response to szilver07

If this is a Retina Macbook Pro, you may want to live with the damage that the unapproved cover caused.

The display cover or "glass" is integral with the display assembly and cannot be separately replaced. Expect a bill of US$500- 650 for a new display assembly replacement service.

If you have a non-Retina 13-inch Macbook Pro (has an optical drive slot), the pain is much less--hundreds less in fact:

https://www.powerbookmedic.com/Unibody-Macbook-Pro-Glass-Screen-Cover-Replacement---Front-Bezel---13-Inch-p-17333.html

You can try contacting the maker of the cover and requesting they cover the repair.

Keyboard cover damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.