Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio files are unplayable after being uploaded to iCloud drive

Hey there. I have a number of audio files (.aif and .wav) for music production projects that I can no longer open on my Macbook. I see the files in Finder but can't seem to open them with any application. There's no cloud icon next to the files indicating that they're remote. They all have pretty reasonable file sizes (~50MB, not 1KB or something like that). Furthermore, I can play the files when I visit https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/, so I know they exist in an uncorrupted state. I just can't open them locally on my computer and there's no indication to me that they aren't downloaded.

Please help! Happy to give more info about things I've tried.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 10:53 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 18, 2022 4:09 PM in response to Dustin_R_308

Hey Dustin,

My apologies for the late response. There's no error message that I saw. The file simply doesn't open when I click on it. Any programs that opens the file (Ableton, Audacity) doesn't recognize that the file exists.

You're right though, the issue is fixed by deleting and redownloading the files. It's pretty tedious to fix, but I know what to do now.

Thanks for your help!

Audio files are unplayable after being uploaded to iCloud drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.