Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email stuck in outbox

Cant figure out why when sending an email from the mail app on my mac, it gets stuck in the outbox.

Have Checked in Accounts, Server settings and ticked the box for Automatically manage connection settings. Also try to reenter the password, but a message pops up "Unable to verify account name or password"

is just on my Mac, the mail app on my iPhone works fine, so its not the hotmail account

I know this problem is common because Ive search the net and has been happening for a while now.

But cant find a more recent solution.

Hopefully some of you guys have some answers.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 12:09 PM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2022 6:00 AM in response to MoodyTea00

MoodyTea00 wrote:

Cant figure out why when sending an email from the mail app on my mac, it gets stuck in the outbox.
Have Checked in Accounts, Server settings and ticked the box for Automatically manage connection settings. Also try to reenter the password, but a message pops up "Unable to verify account name or password"
is just on my Mac, the mail app on my iPhone works fine, so its not the hotmail account
I know this problem is common because Ive search the net and has been happening for a while now.
But cant find a more recent solution.
Hopefully some of you guys have some answers.

Mail one possibility—

can receive but not send email in Monterey issue, turn off note sharing feature:

https://support.apple.com/guide/notes/share-your-notes-and-folders-apda5307056b/mac

Mail issues loading content in macOS Monterey.

Open mail app select Mail>Preferences>Privacy disable:

• “Protect Mail Activity” /

• “Hide IP address” /

• “Block all remote content”

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

if you are using Hide My email—try disabling this feature if no resolve and compare your results...

Set up and use Hide My Email in iCloud+ on all your devices

Email stuck in outbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.