Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple id

How come when I go to change my Apple ID birthdate from 9/23/14 to 9/23/04 (because I was born in 04) it wont let me

iPhone 11

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:03 PM

Because the date in 2014 suggest that you're under 13, and you cannot edit a Childs birth of date if the child is under 13 years of age

See this exempt from this article from Apples knowledge base

Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 3:03 PM in response to Jameskenney24

Because the date in 2014 suggest that you're under 13, and you cannot edit a Childs birth of date if the child is under 13 years of age

See this exempt from this article from Apples knowledge base

To change a birth date to any age below 13,* you must be a member of a Family Sharing group, and your family organizer must approve the change. After you change a birth date to any age below 13, you can't edit it.* Learn more about Family Sharing

1. Update the birth date.
  2. Follow the onscreen steps to send an email request to your family organizer.
  3. Your family organizer will get an email with instructions to approve the request. 

Aug 1, 2022 5:38 PM in response to Jameskenney24

From the article below.

If you need to change the birth date for someone below age 13, contact Apple Support.*

Contact Apple ID Support for assistance.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.   -

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.  *   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support      -    Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call.   -

Apple on Twitter       

From the Apple Support article below. 

Without proof of your identity via security questions and other carefully selected criteria, Apple Support can't help you reset a password or perform any other actions on your account. These policies are audited and reviewed on a regular basis.

Security and your Apple ID - Apple Support.      *

Apple id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.