Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID compromised

Hi somebody stole my sisters iPhone 13 Pro. We have been tracking it on find my iPhone and put it into lost mode. I then got a text off Apple saying your phone has been located please log into find my iPhone. I didn’t think anything of it so clicked the link and signed in. I then realised what I had done because find my iPhone was turned immediately turned off 🤦🏼‍♀️ They have hacked in to her Apple ID / iCloud. We immediately changed her password and logged out of all devices.

so I’m just wondering if the Apple ID Will still be safe to use or if we should just set up another one.

It has been Blacklisted by the network provider so no SIM card will work in the phone. So it’s just basically an expensive IPod 😂 We are in the UK

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:08 PM

If you were able to change her password and are able to log into her Apple ID with the new password, it is safe.

See the following for some other steps that are recommended: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Apple ID compromised

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.