Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple ID is locked why

Why is my Apple ID locked and how can I unlock it

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Apple locks accounts for several reasons. In most cases, there are concerns about your account safety and security. You will get one of the following messages:

“This Apple ID is disabled for security reasons”

“You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons”

“This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”

While this all sounds very serious, a simple Apple ID password reset most of the time solves this issue. Make sure to change your password once In a while and turn 2 factor authentication on if you haven’t done that already to make and keep your Apple ID as safe as possible.

See this links for further reference

What to do if your Apple ID is Locked or … - Apple Community

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 3:27 PM in response to Mastercee1222

Apple locks accounts for several reasons. In most cases, there are concerns about your account safety and security. You will get one of the following messages:

“This Apple ID is disabled for security reasons”

“You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons”

“This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”

While this all sounds very serious, a simple Apple ID password reset most of the time solves this issue. Make sure to change your password once In a while and turn 2 factor authentication on if you haven’t done that already to make and keep your Apple ID as safe as possible.

See this links for further reference

What to do if your Apple ID is Locked or … - Apple Community

If your Apple ID is locked or disabled - Apple Support

My Apple ID is locked why

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.