Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get a iPhone number?

I got a phone and idk how to get a number one it lol

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 5:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 6:01 PM

I’m going to assume this is about an iPad and not about an iPhone based on the chosen footer, and that you want cellular data access.

Your footer here shows an iPad, and an iPad cannot be cellular telephone, nor can an iPad send or receive SMS or MMS messages. Only an iPhone or another cellular telephone can do that.

Confusingly, a cellular-capable iPad will have a telephone number when it has a cellular data plan, but that number cannot send or receive calls not MMS/SMS.

If you want cellular data with your cellular-capable iPad, then various carriers offer that service, and Settings > Cellular can help you get started obtaining cellular coverage.

Only an iPad with cellular can access cellular data. If you;re not sure, check for a SIM slot. If you have a SIM slot, you have a cellular-capable iPad.

More info: Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

If this really is about an iPhone and not an iPad, ignore this reply.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 6:01 PM in response to GraceSelders

I’m going to assume this is about an iPad and not about an iPhone based on the chosen footer, and that you want cellular data access.

Your footer here shows an iPad, and an iPad cannot be cellular telephone, nor can an iPad send or receive SMS or MMS messages. Only an iPhone or another cellular telephone can do that.

Confusingly, a cellular-capable iPad will have a telephone number when it has a cellular data plan, but that number cannot send or receive calls not MMS/SMS.

If you want cellular data with your cellular-capable iPad, then various carriers offer that service, and Settings > Cellular can help you get started obtaining cellular coverage.

Only an iPad with cellular can access cellular data. If you;re not sure, check for a SIM slot. If you have a SIM slot, you have a cellular-capable iPad.

More info: Set up cellular service on iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models) - Apple Support

If this really is about an iPhone and not an iPad, ignore this reply.

Aug 1, 2022 5:50 PM in response to GraceSelders

A phone number requires activation by your cellular provider (such as Verizon, and AT&T). For this, you will need to contact your cellular provider.

If you don't have a cellular provider or your iPhone is "unlocked" (meaning it can be used with any provider), you can do some googling to find a provider for you, or visit Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support for a list of carriers.

If you are wanting to identify which model of iPhone you have, visit this page. Identify your iPhone model - Apple Support

Hope I helped!

Ray

How do I get a iPhone number?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.