Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Mac doesn't recognise my camera

My internal webcam is not recognised by my Apple Mac - it keeps asking me to install a camera. I have gone through all the recommendations from Apple, with no luck. Could this be something to do with BigSur installation? Any ideas on how I can fix this or is it a job for a technician? Thank you!

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 8:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2022 8:43 PM

Toofrustratedforwords Said:

"My Mac doesn't recognise my camera: My internal webcam is not recognised by my Apple Mac - it keeps asking me to install a camera. I have gone through all the recommendations from Apple, with no luck. Could this be something to do with BigSur installation? Any ideas on how I can fix this or is it a job for a technician? Thank you!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Camera::

Create New User:

For temporary use, create a new Administrator. See what happens when you log in to it. Do you still get this issue? If not, then is it a misconfiguration in the current user. If so, then you'd likely have to resinstall the macOS.

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 1, 2022 8:43 PM in response to Toofrustratedforwords

Toofrustratedforwords Said:

"My Mac doesn't recognise my camera: My internal webcam is not recognised by my Apple Mac - it keeps asking me to install a camera. I have gone through all the recommendations from Apple, with no luck. Could this be something to do with BigSur installation? Any ideas on how I can fix this or is it a job for a technician? Thank you!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Camera::

Create New User:

For temporary use, create a new Administrator. See what happens when you log in to it. Do you still get this issue? If not, then is it a misconfiguration in the current user. If so, then you'd likely have to resinstall the macOS.

Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be lost. It's just that misplaced items would be placed back to where they should be and corrupt system files would be replaced by clean files. Go Here: Reinstall macOS - Apple Support. Use the third bulleted method: [command + r]. Important: Prior to installing an update or performing a reinstallation, to prevent data loss, be sure to Back up your Mac with Time Machine.

My Mac doesn't recognise my camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.