Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health issue with the iPhone 12 Pro

I have an iPhone 12 Pro which I just bought 26 days ago. I bought it refurbished with battery health at 98%. It dropped to 93% yesterday. Is this normal? Should I exchange my phone? Is my battery boosted? There is a consistent pattern where my battery health drops by 1% every 4 to 5 days. I’m really worried, pleasure help me out.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 7:16 AM

m_ahmad_15 wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 Pro which I just bought 26 days ago. I bought it refurbished with battery health at 98%. It dropped to 93% yesterday. Is this normal? Should I exchange my phone? Is my battery boosted? There is a consistent pattern where my battery health drops by 1% every 4 to 5 days. I’m really worried, pleasure help me out.

If you bought this "refurbished" from Apple you have the same one year warranty as any new iPhone.

I would not be concerned about 93%— I would not expect a linear drop in battery capacity...

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you are not happy return it

You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund if it does not suit you Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

you can always run —

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 7:16 AM in response to m_ahmad_15

m_ahmad_15 wrote:

If you bought this "refurbished" from Apple you have the same one year warranty as any new iPhone.

I would not be concerned about 93%— I would not expect a linear drop in battery capacity...

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

If you are not happy return it

You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund if it does not suit you Returns & Refunds Order status

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

you can always run —

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

Battery Health issue with the iPhone 12 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.