Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Mute/Silent Switch

Hi, is it normal for an iPhone 13 Pro Max to have loose mute switch? It's not to the point that it'll switch to silent mode, but it's keep making clicking noise whenever i ran my finger on top of it.

Thank you in advance.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 4:13 PM

I have an iPhone 13 Pro and my switch is pretty solid. It clicks when I switch between silent mode and ringer with it snapping into place.

It hasn't been a year yet for this model to be out, so you may want to make an appointment with Apple repair. It might be covered under warranty.

2 replies

Aug 3, 2022 2:51 AM in response to DeathStalker13

Hi, thank you for answering my question. Yeah, mine is pretty solid too and like I said, it's not to the point that it will change to silent or ringer mode accidentally. It's just make some clicking sound like when i try to clean that mute button.

But thank you for the suggestion, I'll take my phone to the store to get some inspection.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Mute/Silent Switch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.