Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i back up my phone if the screen is not working

I thought there was a way that you could plug your phone into a PC then using iTunes to go through and back up everything on that device I just want to back it up to the cloud I'm getting a new phone and there is a lot of data that I did not get a chance to back up like open conversations and iMessage and like six seven years of photos

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 4:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 5:30 PM

You cannot backup now. To execute a manual backup in iCloud or iTunes you must have a functional touch screen. You must be able to unlocked the display and input commands through the iOS touch interface.

So it is too late to worry about backing up now. As is always the case, backups need to be made, and kept up to date, before something breaks or malfunctions. From what you wrote, you have had six or seven years to backup the data that mattered to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 5:30 PM in response to MrSmith067

You cannot backup now. To execute a manual backup in iCloud or iTunes you must have a functional touch screen. You must be able to unlocked the display and input commands through the iOS touch interface.

So it is too late to worry about backing up now. As is always the case, backups need to be made, and kept up to date, before something breaks or malfunctions. From what you wrote, you have had six or seven years to backup the data that mattered to you.

How do i back up my phone if the screen is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.