Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Account not working for wallet

I cannot add my apple account with 60$ of apple balance to wallet for apple pay, the error says

"Could Not Add Card"

Try again later or contact your card issuer for more information

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 4:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 5:38 PM

I am still trying to gather information on this topic. Even if you add your Apple account to Wallet app it should only work with the App Store and Music. (There may be some exceptions)

What I have found is that it may be referring to an actual debit or credit card you have linked to Apple ID but not Apple Pay.

Adding credit or debit cards from an iTunes Store account Adding credit or debit cards to Apple Pay - Apple Support

For a credit or debit card on file with iTunes, the user may be required to reenter their Apple ID password. The card number is retrieved from iTunes, and the Check Card process is initiated. If the card is eligible for Apple Pay, the device downloads and displays terms and conditions, then send along the term’s ID and the card security code to the Link and Provision process. Additional verification may occur for iTunes account cards on file.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 5:38 PM in response to grahamcracker72

I am still trying to gather information on this topic. Even if you add your Apple account to Wallet app it should only work with the App Store and Music. (There may be some exceptions)

What I have found is that it may be referring to an actual debit or credit card you have linked to Apple ID but not Apple Pay.

Adding credit or debit cards from an iTunes Store account Adding credit or debit cards to Apple Pay - Apple Support

For a credit or debit card on file with iTunes, the user may be required to reenter their Apple ID password. The card number is retrieved from iTunes, and the Check Card process is initiated. If the card is eligible for Apple Pay, the device downloads and displays terms and conditions, then send along the term’s ID and the card security code to the Link and Provision process. Additional verification may occur for iTunes account cards on file.

Apple Account not working for wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.