Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail Notifications Not There - iPhone 12 Mini

I recently started using my old Apple Watch 3 and ever since I’ve turned it back on my email notices on my phone (I use gmail through the iOS mail app) not longer show up.

I didn’t realize this was happening and when I returned to work this past Monday I had 200+ unread emails when I thought I had ZERO.

I don’t know how to keep this from continuing but I’ve haven’t had this issue in the past when I’m using 3-4 different devices all logged into my Apple ID account. Not sure why or even if the reactivation of the Apple Watch is the cause.

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 9:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:38 AM

fredric69 wrote:

I recently started using my old Apple Watch 3 and ever since I’ve turned it back on my email notices on my phone (I use gmail through the iOS mail app) not longer show up.

I didn’t realize this was happening and when I returned to work this past Monday I had 200+ unread emails when I thought I had ZERO.

I don’t know how to keep this from continuing but I’ve haven’t had this issue in the past when I’m using 3-4 different devices all logged into my Apple ID account. Not sure why or even if the reactivation of the Apple Watch is the cause.

If you are signed into your AppleID on all devices—

Try signing out and back in again to jump start sync if there is an issue

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your watchOS - the current stable release including bug fixes watchOS 8

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 8:38 AM in response to fredric69

fredric69 wrote:

If you are signed into your AppleID on all devices—

Try signing out and back in again to jump start sync if there is an issue

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices - Apple Support

Update your iDevice - The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Update your watchOS - the current stable release including bug fixes watchOS 8

Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Mail Notifications Not There - iPhone 12 Mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.