Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining very fast and also draining when kept idle

Hi Apple support, since the latest update to 15.6 I have a major drop in battery performance my battery is giving only 3 hours of onscreen time. Also its falling overnight, my battery health went to 99 2 3 days before and this issue started.

please help is there issue in my battery or is there any software bug.

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 8:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 10:28 PM

Hi! Im a tech guy not affiliated with apple, and we are not apple support. We are just a community who helps the community

I would check your battery health to see if there is anything causing the battery to drain, and if all looks good, I would check your coverage to see if you can submit a warranty claim. The phone came out September 13th last year, so you should be good. I left a few articles for checking battery health, maximizing your battery life, checking your coverage, and finally

Battery Usage & Life

Check the iPhone battery health and usage - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Warranty & Repair

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 10:28 PM in response to Kunalmadne

Hi! Im a tech guy not affiliated with apple, and we are not apple support. We are just a community who helps the community

I would check your battery health to see if there is anything causing the battery to drain, and if all looks good, I would check your coverage to see if you can submit a warranty claim. The phone came out September 13th last year, so you should be good. I left a few articles for checking battery health, maximizing your battery life, checking your coverage, and finally

Battery Usage & Life

Check the iPhone battery health and usage - Apple Support

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

Warranty & Repair

Check Your Service and Support Coverage - Apple Support

Apple Repair and Repair Status Check - Official Apple Support

Aug 23, 2022 9:28 PM in response to Kunalmadne

I am having a similar problem with excess battery drain on two iPhone 12 pro maxes, an iPad Pro, and an iPad Pro second generation. I am using AT&T in St. Louis, Missouri. Problem started after installing iOS 15.6.1 and updating my apps. I am getting as much as 3.5 GB per day of "Settings > Cellular> System Services> Push Notifications", and my (otherwise healthy) battery requires unusually frequent recharging. I turned off all app Notifications (except Phone and Messages), and all background app refresh. Also, at Apple Support's suggestion, in Privacy>Location Services>System Services, I turned off several location related System Services (such as Location Based Alerts). This has not worked to stop the Push Notification data hemorrhage. Phone calls to Apple Support on 8/21/22 and 8/22/22 also failed to solve the problem. So far, the only way to stop the Push Notifications is to turn off Cellular Data, which defeats the main purpose of having a smart phone. Even after stopping Cellular Data, I have noticed unusually rapid battery depletion if Wi-Fi is turned on. I would recommend that you check for Push Notifications. If you find that this is the cause, perhaps Apple Support can help you.

Battery draining very fast and also draining when kept idle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.