Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting deleted text

I couldn’t undo the text I deleted and paste on written text accidentally on very important information text ... there is no undo button...even though it’s oldy thing it’s very important

thank you

v wonderful week✌🏽

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 2, 2022 11:16 PM

woinshet115 Said:

"Getting deleted text: I couldn’t undo the text I deleted and paste on written text accidentally on very important information text ... there is no undo button...even though it’s oldy thing it’s very important thank you v wonderful week"

-------

Recovering Deleted Text Messages:

A. Was iCloud Messages Set Up?:

• If you have Messages enabled with iCloud, then check and see if they reside in there, using another device accosted to iCloud, that has not been associated to the internet yet. That way, nothing has synced. Go Here: Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Any Backup of your iPhone?:

If you backed up your iPhone, then restore them from a backup that contains this message, and is of the same iOS version.

Go Here: How to restore from iCloud Backup - Apple Support

C. Log into iCloud:

• See if they reside in iCloud.
  • Go Here: https://www.icloud.com
  • If everything was syncing with iCloud, then Messages, and lots of other items would be obtainable from iCloud. So, go here to recover these: Recover Deleted Files on iCloud.com - Apple Support. But, just know if they are deleted from iCloud, then they are deleted and are gone. That's just the way it is :(
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 2, 2022 11:16 PM in response to woinshet115

woinshet115 Said:

"Getting deleted text: I couldn’t undo the text I deleted and paste on written text accidentally on very important information text ... there is no undo button...even though it’s oldy thing it’s very important thank you v wonderful week"

-------

Recovering Deleted Text Messages:

A. Was iCloud Messages Set Up?:

• If you have Messages enabled with iCloud, then check and see if they reside in there, using another device accosted to iCloud, that has not been associated to the internet yet. That way, nothing has synced. Go Here: Set up Messages on iPhone - Apple Support

B. Any Backup of your iPhone?:

If you backed up your iPhone, then restore them from a backup that contains this message, and is of the same iOS version.

Go Here: How to restore from iCloud Backup - Apple Support

C. Log into iCloud:

• See if they reside in iCloud.
  • Go Here: https://www.icloud.com
  • If everything was syncing with iCloud, then Messages, and lots of other items would be obtainable from iCloud. So, go here to recover these: Recover Deleted Files on iCloud.com - Apple Support. But, just know if they are deleted from iCloud, then they are deleted and are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Getting deleted text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.