Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have 2 accounts i need to delete one?

how do i erase the old account without the old phone number

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 7:48 AM

You should not need the phone number. As long as you can access the account, with email and password, you can deactivate the number.

If it's asking for a number for 2 Factor Authentication codes, then remember that is the trusted phone number set for that purpose. It should in general not be the phone number used on the iPhone that used that Apple ID, but the phone number set up as a trusted phone number to receive to factor authentication codes.

If you have no access to said number, or cannot remember it, then you would need to setup a Account Recovery request to regain access to your account: link-> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 7:48 AM in response to sgtrock1

You should not need the phone number. As long as you can access the account, with email and password, you can deactivate the number.

If it's asking for a number for 2 Factor Authentication codes, then remember that is the trusted phone number set for that purpose. It should in general not be the phone number used on the iPhone that used that Apple ID, but the phone number set up as a trusted phone number to receive to factor authentication codes.

If you have no access to said number, or cannot remember it, then you would need to setup a Account Recovery request to regain access to your account: link-> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support

i have 2 accounts i need to delete one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.