Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I arrange my apps on my iPhone by using my Mac like it was possible in the past?

can I arrange my apps on my iPhone by using my Mac like it was possible in the past?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:09 AM

mwen001 wrote:

Thanks, thought so! Not good and not sure why!

No one here in this user-to-user forum can give a definitive answer to why Apple does or does not do things (though tt2's supposition seems eminently reasonable). And, Apple doesn't read here for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

For what it's worth, I used to spend waaaaay too much time arranging my excessive numbers of apps in just the right folders. But then I realized, I was just using the search bar to find and launch them anyway, so, I stopped. Combined with the App Library which allows me to keep only my most used apps visible, I've found that I don't use folders at all any more.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 3, 2022 8:09 AM in response to mwen001

mwen001 wrote:

Thanks, thought so! Not good and not sure why!

No one here in this user-to-user forum can give a definitive answer to why Apple does or does not do things (though tt2's supposition seems eminently reasonable). And, Apple doesn't read here for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

For what it's worth, I used to spend waaaaay too much time arranging my excessive numbers of apps in just the right folders. But then I realized, I was just using the search bar to find and launch them anyway, so, I stopped. Combined with the App Library which allows me to keep only my most used apps visible, I've found that I don't use folders at all any more.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.