Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding another monitor to new imac 24 m1 computer

I bought the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 adapter yesterday to connect a second monitor to my new imac. This monitor works with my imac laptop so it's not an issue with the monitor.

However, when I use the adapter to connect the new imac 24" to the monitor, the monitor reads "no hdmi signal". I've also tried switching to a different thunderbolt port as well as the other two ports ( I have a total of 4 ports on the back) with no luck.

Is there something I'm missing or could the adapter be bad and I should just exchange it?

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:05 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Aug 4, 2022 7:43 PM in response to Rudegar

Because of your reply, I went to our local apple store and bought a usb-c to hdmi adapter (that connects directly to the monitor) and that has solved the problem! Many thanks.

It did cause a bit of conversation among the various tech guys re how to best solve the problem. Glad that I wasn't the only one who was confused about this.

Adding another monitor to new imac 24 m1 computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.