Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages Documents on iPad Air Open But No Text Shows. Presenter View Does Not Auto-Scroll Either.

When I open Pages on my iPad Air (iPadOS 15.5) I can see the thumbnails of the different documents in various locations, with text showing. When I open one, however, no text shows. The text is there, but while clicking on where text should be does bring up the context-sensitive menu, the text does not highlight.

The formatting is set to defaults.

When I go through to the Presenter View, the text then does show, but tapping on the iPad screen does not start the autoscroll, and I have to scroll through manually.

This applies regardless of whether the document was created on the iPad or elsewhere, and regardless of where the document is stored. I have deleted Pages from the iPad and then reinstalled it. My iPhone XR, on iOS 15.5, does not have the same issue and works as expected.

Any thoughts?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 9:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 2:02 PM

Greetings Derek Johnston,

When you see unexpected behavior from an app, begin by following any of the troubleshooting steps listed here that you have not already tried:

"1. Close and reopen the app

Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2. Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3. Check for updates

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4. Delete the app, then redownload it

Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed."

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 2:02 PM in response to Derek Johnston

Greetings Derek Johnston,

When you see unexpected behavior from an app, begin by following any of the troubleshooting steps listed here that you have not already tried:

"1. Close and reopen the app

Force the app to close. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

2. Restart your device

Restart your iPhone or restart your iPad. Then open the app to see if it works as expected.

3. Check for updates

To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, tap your profile icon, then scroll down to see if updates are available. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your iPhone or iPad.

4. Delete the app, then redownload it

Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed."

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open - Apple Support

Take care.

Pages Documents on iPad Air Open But No Text Shows. Presenter View Does Not Auto-Scroll Either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.