Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I approve a Ask to Buy request from children when I do not have an apple device?

How can I approve a Ask to Buy request from children when I do not have an apple device? I use a phone with android or computer with Windows

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:27 AM

You can only use iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac to approve or decline a request:

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

For your children to send you a request, you need to be the organizer of their iCloud family. iCloud family can also only be set up using an Apple device.

Are you in an iCloud family together? If so, what device did you use to set up the Family?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:27 AM in response to jean-luc18

You can only use iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Mac to approve or decline a request:

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

For your children to send you a request, you need to be the organizer of their iCloud family. iCloud family can also only be set up using an Apple device.

Are you in an iCloud family together? If so, what device did you use to set up the Family?

How can I approve a Ask to Buy request from children when I do not have an apple device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.