Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Malware on iPhone?

So a friend of me was thinking of something funny. And he knows I’m paranoid of malware and virussen. So he searched h-anime on my iphone and he went to images. Like the search images. Then he tapped on an image to make ik bigger. Like foto below (Apple logo) foto 1 is what I mean with just images results and foto 2 is what I mean with making it bigger.

So the photo he clicked on to make it bigger came from an website. (Website name was just the h-anime word with -img.com) So out of panic I scanned the website with virustotal, Google transparency report and couple more. Totalvirus I trust little more then the rest. So every scanner I used said no malware or the website is safe. But in virustotal there was 1 out of the 88 that said the website is malicious. (Virustotal uses 88 Malware programs and scanners to scan the website you give in) So now I’m paranoid. I scanned my device with the bitdefender app (but i have free version). I have the link of the virustotal result and screenshot to if it can help. But could my iphone have malware or virus. I did not go on the website it only preview and copy link. (Because i can’t copy link without preview) So like in foto 2 I just copy link the Wikipedia and then I closed it. (In my case was het the h-anime website)

So could I have malware on my iphone? I have done all updates for IOS and my iphone is not jailbroken. And I did not go to the website. It was just like photo 2. (That is how far my friend went).

Posted on Aug 3, 2022 11:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 2:47 AM

You're totally fine. iPhones can not get malware from simply seeing a link. If you have not downloaded anything from said site, you're totally fine.

Also: 1 out of 88. There is a good chance this is a mismatch on virus total

Similar questions

4 replies

Malware on iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.