Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I use my credit card info to shorten recovery process

How can I use my credit card info to shorten recovery process?

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 1:17 AM

Read again -> Related Article -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

⤵️

After you start account recovery

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 
  • To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete. 

When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

👉 In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*

* Apple Pay doesn't work as a credit card. If you enter your credit-card details correctly, and are asked to reenter your security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might have declined your authorization attempts. 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 1:17 AM in response to Meganabreakforit

Read again -> Related Article -> How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password

⤵️

After you start account recovery

After you request account recovery, you get an email with a confirmation of your request and the date and time of when you can expect to regain access.

• If you submitted your account recovery request with iforgot.apple.com through your device's browser, you should avoid using that device during this period. Using that device might cancel account recovery. 
  • To avoid delays, turn off other devices that are signed in with your Apple ID until account recovery is complete. 

When the wait period is over, Apple sends you a text or automated phone call with instructions to regain access to your account. Follow the instructions to immediately regain access to your Apple ID.

👉 In some cases, you might be able to speed up the account recovery process or reset your password immediately by verifying a six-digit code sent to your primary email address. You might also be able to shorten the wait time by providing credit-card details to confirm your identity. If you’re given this option, an authorization request goes to the card issuer.*

* Apple Pay doesn't work as a credit card. If you enter your credit-card details correctly, and are asked to reenter your security information, contact your card issuer. The issuer might have declined your authorization attempts. 

How can I use my credit card info to shorten recovery process

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.