Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music files not transferring over

I have a number of music files on my laptop (Acer aspire) and I'm trying to add them to my iTunes library when I select them and hit transfer only a handful of the files transfer over not all of them and I can't figure out why any help would be great as to why this is happening and what I can do

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 3:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 4:29 AM

What are you selecting them in, iTunes or Explorer? Where is this "hit transfer" method you refer to? iTunes has a method to transfer purchases from a device, but presumably you're not talking about that. Is this a Home Sharing thing with a second computer?

iTunes will silently reject media files it doesn't think are valid. There has been a issue lately where YouTube ripping software is generating .mp3 files that should actually have a .m4a file extension, and such files are ignored if you attempt to add them to iTunes, but will work after correcting the extension.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 4:29 AM in response to Vixen987

What are you selecting them in, iTunes or Explorer? Where is this "hit transfer" method you refer to? iTunes has a method to transfer purchases from a device, but presumably you're not talking about that. Is this a Home Sharing thing with a second computer?

iTunes will silently reject media files it doesn't think are valid. There has been a issue lately where YouTube ripping software is generating .mp3 files that should actually have a .m4a file extension, and such files are ignored if you attempt to add them to iTunes, but will work after correcting the extension.

tt2

Music files not transferring over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.