Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Delete text messages on both sides?

accidentally sent a text to the wrong person. I immediately deleted the text from my phone. Will the recipient still receive it? Is there a way that I can delete it? I had heard that in 2022 there will be a new iPhone text feature, comparable to WhatsApp, which will allow deletion of individual text messages on both sender AND recipient sides. Any insight? Or solution? Or am I in hot water??

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:20 AM

Will the recipient still receive it?

Yes

I had heard that in 2022 there will be a new iPhone text feature, comparable to WhatsApp, which will allow deletion of individual text messages on both sender AND recipient sides

Apple explains in iOS 16 Preview - New Features that a new feature in the Messages app called Undo Send will: Unsend any message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 7:20 AM in response to 123FloridaGirl

Will the recipient still receive it?

Yes

I had heard that in 2022 there will be a new iPhone text feature, comparable to WhatsApp, which will allow deletion of individual text messages on both sender AND recipient sides

Apple explains in iOS 16 Preview - New Features that a new feature in the Messages app called Undo Send will: Unsend any message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.

How to Delete text messages on both sides?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.