Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone number activation

I just transferred my SIM card to my iPhone 13. But my phone number isn’t showing up in my Apple ID settings and it says “waiting for activation” for my iMessages and FaceTime. What do I do to fix this or get my phone number connected to this phone? I tried manually putting the phone number in my Apple ID settings and it sent the verification code to my number but it didn’t show up because my phone number isn’t connected to my phone, even though the SIM card is activated?

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 9:38 AM

Hello AY87,

Moving SIM cards from one phone to another doesn't work with every carrier. Some carriers need to know some specifics about your particular device (such as IMEI) in order to move service over. You shold contact your cellular provider.

This article also helps describe your iMessage activation issue:

-> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 4, 2022 9:38 AM in response to AY87

Hello AY87,

Moving SIM cards from one phone to another doesn't work with every carrier. Some carriers need to know some specifics about your particular device (such as IMEI) in order to move service over. You shold contact your cellular provider.

This article also helps describe your iMessage activation issue:

-> If you can’t turn on or sign in to iMessage or FaceTime - Apple Support

Aug 4, 2022 5:50 PM in response to AY87

For Messages, some things you can try. Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone   *

Restart your iPad.   *

Try a forced restart. See the section towards the end of the article.

Reset Device. -

If necessary

Hard reset.     -

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from the backup.

Restore to Factory setting.      *

Restore - If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.   *

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.     *

Phone number activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.