You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mobile phone text

I have just obtained a new iPhone se 2022 model and have ported my old number from ee to sky - I have contacted sky as I appear to have a problem texting as my profile comes through as sent from my email address - I have texted my wife but the message is received on her old phone and not her new se phone - sky have told me to contact apple to remove this from my iPad Air as this is conflicting with sending messages - sending a message by what’s app appears to be fine - any suggestions ?

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 11:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 2:40 PM

on the phone

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, Send&Receive, Start new conversations from, tick/check your phone number not your appleID

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 4, 2022 2:40 PM in response to martyn134

on the phone

Settings, Messages, Turn off iMessage

Settings, Face Time, Turn off Face Time

Restart the phone.

Settings, Messages, Turn on iMessage, SMS, MMS

Settings, Messages, Send&Receive, Start new conversations from, tick/check your phone number not your appleID

Settings, Face Time, Turn on Face Time

Mobile phone text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.