Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 won't shut off/down properly

Hi,

My iphone 11 isn't responding to the force shut down or the power button and I can't access any of the apps. I can slide through the screens and receive messages, turn the volume up & down etc. but I can't seem to turn it off. How do I power it down without losing all my data?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 12:29 AM

First make sure you try to backup the phone by one of the means below.

Because it is not behaving properly I would try iCloud backup first even if you need to pay for more iCloud storage for a month.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let's make sure you did the Forced Restart correctly first.

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Then try this using a computer

If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo - Apple Support

or watch this video 

https://youtu.be/2CRilTPouRU?t=97

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup if you need to use the Restore option.

Daily iCloud backups or weekly computer backups are always recommended for such failures.

If no better you should arrange a repair iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 12:29 AM in response to kayley152

First make sure you try to backup the phone by one of the means below.

Because it is not behaving properly I would try iCloud backup first even if you need to pay for more iCloud storage for a month.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Let's make sure you did the Forced Restart correctly first.

Force restart iPhone – Apple Support (UK)

Then try this using a computer

If your iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo - Apple Support

or watch this video 

https://youtu.be/2CRilTPouRU?t=97

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup if you need to use the Restore option.

Daily iCloud backups or weekly computer backups are always recommended for such failures.

If no better you should arrange a repair iPhone Repair - Official Apple Support

Or

Contact - Official Apple Support

Anything other than Screen or Battery may be a replacement phone and the price is in the article under "Other damage"

See also:  Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service - Apple Support

Iphone 11 won't shut off/down properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.