Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get a gen 4 touch to work in 2022

I'm not tech savvy. Waaaaaaay past its time I just got an ipod touch a few days ago it's a gen 4. From what I've came across online it doesn't support some update or something idk. Idk how to get it to connect,long story short I got this to listen to music at work so it doesn't kill my battery bc there isn't a way I can charge my phone at work. I know very little about this stuff

iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 1:23 AM

That iPod will not be able to update to the latest version of the operating system (that is, iOS 15), but that doesn't matter, you can still use it for music that is in your iTunes Library.

To make use of the iPod, simply connect it to your computer and transfer music to it from your iTunes Library. If you don't know how to do this, please ask (as you may have an Android phone for all we know). This assumes that you have music in your library that you own (that is, not a subscription to Apple Music).

As an aside, one solution to the charging your phone at work issue is to buy yourself a power bank. A power bank is a small rechargeable battery with a USB outlet on it. Simply plug your phone into the power bank in order to give the phone additional charge.

You can charge the power bank when you are at home. I suggest that you buy one that has a minimum capacity of 7,500mAh. You don't need to be tech savvy to deal with this, simply look at the specification for the power bank: the higher the mAh number, the more power it has and the more times you can use it to charge up your phone before it needs to be recharged.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 1:23 AM in response to Rhecmike

That iPod will not be able to update to the latest version of the operating system (that is, iOS 15), but that doesn't matter, you can still use it for music that is in your iTunes Library.

To make use of the iPod, simply connect it to your computer and transfer music to it from your iTunes Library. If you don't know how to do this, please ask (as you may have an Android phone for all we know). This assumes that you have music in your library that you own (that is, not a subscription to Apple Music).

As an aside, one solution to the charging your phone at work issue is to buy yourself a power bank. A power bank is a small rechargeable battery with a USB outlet on it. Simply plug your phone into the power bank in order to give the phone additional charge.

You can charge the power bank when you are at home. I suggest that you buy one that has a minimum capacity of 7,500mAh. You don't need to be tech savvy to deal with this, simply look at the specification for the power bank: the higher the mAh number, the more power it has and the more times you can use it to charge up your phone before it needs to be recharged.

How to get a gen 4 touch to work in 2022

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.