Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted contacts

How do I get back contacts that I accidentally deleted?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 4, 2022 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:49 PM

If contacts were deleted from iPhone they are permanently erased and can't be recovered Delete contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

You can delete a contact in Contacts on iCloud.com. When you delete a contact, it is deleted on every device that has Contacts turned on in iCloud settings.

If iPhone was synced with Mac and contacts deleted from Mac will move in recently deleted in iCloud.com in that case they can be recovered before 30 days Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com – Apple Support

Note : the contacts that were deleted from iPhone will never move in recently deleted of iCloud.com that only works from a web browser , however those particular contacts when recovered will always sync in iPhone when contacts box is turned on in iPhone / Mac / or a web browser used .

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 9:49 PM in response to Samanthafull12

If contacts were deleted from iPhone they are permanently erased and can't be recovered Delete contacts on iCloud.com - Apple Support

You can delete a contact in Contacts on iCloud.com. When you delete a contact, it is deleted on every device that has Contacts turned on in iCloud settings.

If iPhone was synced with Mac and contacts deleted from Mac will move in recently deleted in iCloud.com in that case they can be recovered before 30 days Restore contacts stored in iCloud on iCloud.com – Apple Support

Note : the contacts that were deleted from iPhone will never move in recently deleted of iCloud.com that only works from a web browser , however those particular contacts when recovered will always sync in iPhone when contacts box is turned on in iPhone / Mac / or a web browser used .

Aug 5, 2022 9:53 PM in response to Samanthafull12

Samanthafull12 Said:

"Deleted contacts: How do I get back contacts that I accidentally deleted?"

-------

Troubleshooting Deleted Contacts:

Some things to try...

A. Enable Contacts in iCloud Settings:

See If “Contacts” is somehow disabled.

• If it is disabled, then enable it.
  • If it is enabled, then disable it and then re-enable it.

B. Also, Try the Following:

Deleted contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.