Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google ad services

When I use Google to search for an item, ie a metal box, I get shown a list of ads. I can successfully go to an Amazon ad. Since yesterday, if I chose a non Amazon ad, I get taken to www.googleadservices.com and receive the message

The web page is not available

Try later

or using the google.co.uk URL I get

Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid

I have:

• cleared Safari Website data
    • cleared Safari history
    • restarted my router
    • deleted and re-installed the Google app
    • restarted my IPad, on numerous occasions

Getting a bit frustrated and annoyed now!

iPad mini 5

iPad OS 15.6

Google works perfectly on my Windows PC and iPhone 13

All help gratefully received

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 3:23 AM

The possible causes are many - and without detailed analysis may be difficult to precisely pinpoint.

Your iPad has many security and privacy features that are designed to inhibit intrusive and/or inappropriate tracking and profiling by websites. For Google, its very business model is predicated upon profiling and tracking those that use its services; in using Google’s services, you are creating and providing data that is processed and sold to those willing to pay for it.

As a start point, given that you are running iPadOS15.6, consider structured experimentation with these settings (taking careful note of your initial settings before making changes):

• Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Private Relay > Private Relay - ON | OFF
  • Settings > Safari > Hide IP Address - Trackers & Websites | Trackers Only | Off

These settings may influence the behaviour that you observe. In altering any of the above settings, you accept that you are “giving up” privacy.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 3:23 AM in response to nfribbs

The possible causes are many - and without detailed analysis may be difficult to precisely pinpoint.

Your iPad has many security and privacy features that are designed to inhibit intrusive and/or inappropriate tracking and profiling by websites. For Google, its very business model is predicated upon profiling and tracking those that use its services; in using Google’s services, you are creating and providing data that is processed and sold to those willing to pay for it.

As a start point, given that you are running iPadOS15.6, consider structured experimentation with these settings (taking careful note of your initial settings before making changes):

• Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > iCloud > Private Relay > Private Relay - ON | OFF
  • Settings > Safari > Hide IP Address - Trackers & Websites | Trackers Only | Off

These settings may influence the behaviour that you observe. In altering any of the above settings, you accept that you are “giving up” privacy.

Google ad services

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.