Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Fitness App not closing my move and exercise rings on some days where I did a workout

I use a Garmin Forerunner 35 I use to record my workouts and then sync them to the Garmin Connect app, and Strava in order to be able to have those workouts sent to the Apple Fitness app and that syncs to the Fitness app on my Apple Watch. The problem I've run into recently is that there are some days where workouts are recorded in the Fitness app, but there is no progress on the exercise or move ring on those days. I don't think it's a hardware issue with my Apple Watch, iPhone or my Forerunner 35, since all my rings were closing as expected.

Now, sometimes I don't promptly sync my data, and there were a couple of times where I let a few days go by before syncing the data on my Garmin watch.

Is there any way I can get the workouts to close the move ring on those days so I can get my move streak restored?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 3:04 AM

To affect the move ring you would have to input the data on the days in question,you cannot retrospectively add fitness data.

So I'm afraid that your streak will be unrecoverable.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 3:04 AM in response to brinkoftime

To affect the move ring you would have to input the data on the days in question,you cannot retrospectively add fitness data.

So I'm afraid that your streak will be unrecoverable.

Apple Fitness App not closing my move and exercise rings on some days where I did a workout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.