Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

monterey and iphoto conversion

Using Monterey, when I open an old file from iphoto. it is converted to Photo correctly except that the information regarding the ubication of pictures is lost. How can I solve this problem?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 5:03 AM

have converted my old iPhoto Libraries on earlier system versions. There the the locations have been transferred correctly, but it may take a while until the locations have been scanned and are appearing in Photos. And your Mac needs to be connected to the internet for the locations to appear in the info of the photo. How long have you waited?

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 5:03 AM in response to bernicast

have converted my old iPhoto Libraries on earlier system versions. There the the locations have been transferred correctly, but it may take a while until the locations have been scanned and are appearing in Photos. And your Mac needs to be connected to the internet for the locations to appear in the info of the photo. How long have you waited?

monterey and iphoto conversion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.