Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 reset iself out of nowhere

I have an iPhone 12 Mini. Out of nowhere it reset itself today (it did NOT just reboot). My data that I have not yet backed up is lost. How does this happen?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:37 AM

XeinaX wrote:

I have an iPhone 12 Mini. Out of nowhere it reset itself today (it did NOT just reboot). My data that I have not yet backed up is lost. How does this happen?

if you update through the Mac computer a backup is automatically made before the update...

if you think you have an issue—

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you value your user data, then backup your device.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 8:37 AM in response to XeinaX

XeinaX wrote:

if you update through the Mac computer a backup is automatically made before the update...

if you think you have an issue—

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - identify potential hardware and software issues

How to put your iPhone in diagnostics mode - Apple Support

The current stable release of iOS including bug fixes, is iOS 15.6

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you value your user data, then backup your device.

Back up iPhone - Apple Support

In order to save drive space recent iOS backs are over-written, unless you manually alter the name or from Manage Backups Control click and “Archive” the backup.

iPhone 12 reset iself out of nowhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.