Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Konica Minolta Bizhub 308e missing options?

My MacBook Pro (Monterey 12.5) found our office bizhub just fine. The problem is I have no options for print settings (i.e. grayscale/auto-color, duplex, quality control, etc.). Basic things are there like scaling and layout. Since I can't change anything else, my Mac keeps printing in duplex mode. I've gone through Microsoft Word to see if it was buried in there or LibreOffice if I could change it there, nothing. Does anyone have a solution since it appears my Mac found the correct driver (it identifies the bizhub corerectly) and says I'm using driver version 3.0.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.5

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 9:32 AM

A networked Konica-Minolta BizHub 308e is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint on macOS Monterey. There are no evident Bizhub 308e drivers to be found on KM's site newer than for Big Sur (2/2021), and AirPrint does not need them anyway.

I suggest you visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, and [-] remove the Bizhub 308e entry. That will open a bonjour detection panel with the bizhub as a line item. Click that entry, and the Use: selector should switch initially show Default and then switch to AirPrint. Click Add to enter the device back in Printers on that Printers & Scanners panel. There may be other options for the device once you select it in the Printers listing. Whether or not this will give you control over duplex or not is unknown. A print panel should offer you the ability to choose Two-Sided or not as a check box.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 5, 2022 9:32 AM in response to hollandismine

A networked Konica-Minolta BizHub 308e is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint on macOS Monterey. There are no evident Bizhub 308e drivers to be found on KM's site newer than for Big Sur (2/2021), and AirPrint does not need them anyway.

I suggest you visit System Preferences > Printers & Scanners panel, and [-] remove the Bizhub 308e entry. That will open a bonjour detection panel with the bizhub as a line item. Click that entry, and the Use: selector should switch initially show Default and then switch to AirPrint. Click Add to enter the device back in Printers on that Printers & Scanners panel. There may be other options for the device once you select it in the Printers listing. Whether or not this will give you control over duplex or not is unknown. A print panel should offer you the ability to choose Two-Sided or not as a check box.

Konica Minolta Bizhub 308e missing options?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.