Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Security Lockout

I have a security lock on my iPhone from too many incorrect password attempts, however I know the password. When I try to use the erase iPhone button on the screen it doesn’t seem to work when I tap it. Can anyone help?

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 5, 2022 4:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 9:17 AM

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........(it appears that it might be).......you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 9:17 AM in response to hcazd

If your iPhone is running iOS 15.2 or higher........(it appears that it might be).......you can use the instructions linked just below which will not require the use of a Mac or PC:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you are not sure which operating system is installed on your iPhone, please use the link below, which will require the use of a Mac or PC.

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If you have a backup of the phone, you can use the backup to restore the data on the phone during the new setup.

Aug 6, 2022 9:16 AM in response to hcazd

Probably you may have entered the wrong passcode multiple times. After 10 failed attempts the iPhone will get disabled. Even if you know it now, it is of no use.

Following this process is the only way out if your iPhone is disabled. The steps given in this link will help you reset the passcode -> If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your ...

Security Lockout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.