Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Step Counter

hello,

I recently purchased a new Series 7 watch and I really don't have much experience using it. I wear the watch all day to collect health data but the numbers seem very very off. The step counter is constantly counting more steps! I could be sitting down by my desk or driving my watch always thinks I'm standing and walking. The watch is telling me I walk 3-4 miles per day and I don't walk anywhere close to that and like I said it always thinks I'm standing up! Do you guys have any advice? Am I missing something? Also my other question is when I purchased the watch in a sealed box the watches battery was completely dead. Usually apple products come with 30-40 percent battery. Is that something that can be problematic?

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 2:33 AM

Get the most accurate measurements

Calibrating your Apple Watch

Also when you bought the watch if it had been stored in the Apple store for any length of time it can lose it's charge completly,I bought a watch like this and once I charged it fully it has worked faultlessly since.

3 replies

Apple Watch Step Counter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.