Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have 100gb of music on I tunes can I put them in I cloud and then take all my music off my Mac to free up space

After I put my music ( from I tunes) into I cloud, can I remove my music from Mac to free up space

iPad mini, iOS 12

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 9:45 AM

You cannot use iCloud Drive for this. You could subscribe to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Once your content has been matched or uploaded you can select items in your library, right-click, and use remove download to remove the local files and stream the versions from the cloud. I would recommend taking a complete backup of your library on an external drive before you remove any downloads in case you later delete anything from the cloud library in error or are unhappy with a mismatched item, e.g. clean vs. explicit.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 9:45 AM in response to Lilears

You cannot use iCloud Drive for this. You could subscribe to either Apple Music or iTunes Match. Once your content has been matched or uploaded you can select items in your library, right-click, and use remove download to remove the local files and stream the versions from the cloud. I would recommend taking a complete backup of your library on an external drive before you remove any downloads in case you later delete anything from the cloud library in error or are unhappy with a mismatched item, e.g. clean vs. explicit.

tt2

I have 100gb of music on I tunes can I put them in I cloud and then take all my music off my Mac to free up space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.