Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t send text messages to android. I can receive but not send. Not getting red exclamation mark either.

I can’t send messages to android devices after last iOS update. I can receive, but not send. Tried turning phone off and on.

iPhone 12, iOS 15

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2022 8:41 AM

Try these steps first

• Restart your device: ... 
  • Check your network connection. ... 
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

More items...

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Lovemyducks2022

Try these steps first

• Restart your device: ... 
  • Check your network connection. ... 
  • Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  • If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

More items...

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

Aug 6, 2022 8:41 AM in response to Lovemyducks2022

iPhones can only send SMS text messages, to non-Apple devices. This is a service, as you may know, that is provided by your cellular voice provider.

There a two potential reasons that you cannot send a SMS texts:

1. The recipient has blocked you.
  2. There is something amiss with your SMS service.

Also, the support article you arrived here from should provide you with some troubleshooting steps. Have you tried them all yet? If so, and they didn't help, I suggest that you first contact your cellular provider, and if needed, contact Apple Support for further assistance with this matter.

I can’t send text messages to android. I can receive but not send. Not getting red exclamation mark either.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.